If you have lost one or more teeth, you want to replace what you have lost immediately because missing teeth affect your appearance and hamper how you chew and talk. While you can opt for dentures or bridges to replace your teeth, Ontario Dental Center recommends dental implants because these natural-looking dental replacements are designed to mimic your natural teeth in almost every way.
Dental implant process
Getting a dental implant is long and complex, but it’s worth the wait. The process may take 6-8 months, but you will have a tooth replacement that looks and performs like your natural tooth.
The placement of an implant requires a well-trained dentist to ensure precision during installation. Dr. Mukesh Patel has installed countless implants and is happy to share the typical implant placement procedure. Here we go:
- Consultation: The dentist takes your medical history and explains everything you need to know about implants, including the cost, benefits, and treatment period. Next, we examine your oral health to determine if you have a sufficient jawbone. If not, we will recommend bone grafting or mini implants.
- Tooth extraction: If you have a damaged or decayed tooth, tooth removal is done, and an implant can be placed immediately, or you have to wait for healing to take place.
- Placing the implant: This process is an outpatient procedure done right here in our dental office. And like any surgery, we administer anesthesia to reduce discomfort. Next, we drill a hole into your jawbone and place a titanium screw. Then we suture the surgical site to allow healing.
- Healing: The recovery period takes between 4-6 months. During the healing process, the jawbone grows around the titanium post (through osseointegration) to form a stable anchorage, just like your natural tooth root.
- Abutment placement: After healing, we install an abutment to connect the implant to the prosthetic component. Sometimes, an abutment can be installed immediately after implant surgery.
- Fitting a crown: The final step is installing a natural-looking crown or any other prosthetic component to complete the dental implant treatment.
The above process may seem like a lot of work to replace one tooth, but it’s essential for a replacement that will last for life.
Benefits of dental implants
Why do we advocate dental implants? Dental implants have many benefits compared to other tooth replacements. Dental implants:
- Are easy to maintain
- Are natural-looking
- Don’t affect the health of nearby teeth
- Implants can last for life with proper care
- Dental implants prevent bone loss
- They restore your full oral functionality as if you had 100% natural teeth
- Preserve your facial structure
Implant Dentist Near Me in Ontario, CA
Would you like to complete your smile with implants in Ontario, CA? Please dial (909) 414-3535 to book an appointment with Ontario Dental Center. We offer affordable, long-lasting, and natural-looking dental implants to restore smiles.
Share this Article